Thursday, January 16, 2014

Jerry the Engineer

I've had this guy sitting on my desk for a while now:



I've been planning on making him the star of a larger set, picturing him as a tech on a space station. I've already started thinking of him as Jerry, and assigning personality traits to him.

In this nightmare scenario, he's been assigned to replace a part in a distant part of the space station, when he runs into something horrifying and unexpected. Look how horrified he is! Holy shit, Classic Space dudes were never this horrified. Or pink.

I love Classic Space, and the Neo-Classic Space movement. I'd like to pick up some more of these guys on BrickLink some time, but Classic Space minifigs aren't cheap, especially if they come with their gear (helmet and oxygen tank) and their logo is in good shape.

On a side note, I definitely had more Classic Space guys when I was younger, but this is the lone survivor. That nightmare scenario I mentioned above is even creepier if you think of him as the last of his kind!

Still, I might pick up some friends for Jerry, the next time I make a BrickLink order.

No comments:

Post a Comment