Saturday, January 11, 2014

Progress on my spider mech

Here's an update about the spider mech I've been working on.

Basically I've spent most of the time working on the cockpit. The idea being that I'll start with a good cockpit design, then build out legs and armaments around it.






Ignore the legs and mismatched pieces. I assure you I know some things about color palettes!

Here's some more shots of the cockpit.




I like this design a lot better than the simple dome windshield I took from the Galaxy Squad set I got for Christmas. I'm picturing this as a heavily armed mech, and a big glass windshield didn't really work for me.

Still, I'm new to building these things, so baby steps!

I'm planning on placing a couple more BrickLink orders to get some better joint connections. I'm having a hard time getting the ones I picked up the other day to stabilize, but after some research I've found there are some other pieces that are better for that thing.

Did you think I was lying when I said I don't really like Technic pieces? Haha, fool! It was the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment